< Love Biatch: Waiting Game < Love Biatch >

Friday, September 30, 2005

Waiting Game

Dear Biatch,

I met a great guy the other night and now I'm waiting for his call. It's killing me! How do I deal?

Lauren

Lauren,

Waiting for a call may be one of the worst parts of dating (and believe me I can come up with a lot of bad things about dating!) It's agony wondering will he or won't he. And unfortunately you can't make it happen. First and foremost, forget women's lib, you can't call him. If he wants to talk to you, he'll call. So all you can do is get on with your life and hope for the best. I know, I know...it's next to impossible to do. He seemed so great when you met him, right? So you think to yourself, of course he'll call. But then you remember all the times when you thought that about someone else and he didn't call...so now you're back to wondering if he'll call. Vicious circle, huh?

So here's what you do. Make plans with your girlfriends, read a good book, watch some TiVo...whatever it takes to keep you from obsessing. If he's as great as he seemed, he'll call. If he doesn't, try not to feel too bad, since realistically he didn't know you in the first place. I know that's easier said than done, so it's certainly ok to be pissed off at him for not being as great as you'd hoped.

For now they stay busy and stay hopeful. His time isn't up yet!

Love,

Biatch

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you assert she shouldn't give it a try and call him?

I get the impression that many women think that, in beginning a relationship, the guy is supposed to have all the work. This is one of the many bits of female psychology I have trouble in understanding: why would these women choose not to take the effort, even though they like the other person?

After all, men can be insecure too and a little feedback might be all they need to gain the necessary confidence.

(P.S. congratulations for your insightful and amusing blog, and sorry for my intromission as a member of the sex opposite to yours :))

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home