< Love Biatch: 8,760 Hours of My Life < Love Biatch >

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

8,760 Hours of My Life

Hindsight is 20-20 right? Years from now when I am happily married (a girl can dream, right?), I'll look back at the time in my life before I met my husband, and I'll think...what the hell did I waste so much time bitching and moaning about finding a man for?

I estimate I spend at least 2 hours a day lamenting my lack o' man. Sometimes it's in the form of complaining to friends, other times it's spent mentally plotting how to find him, other times it's spent wondering what I think of my current beau. Regardless, it's a primary focus of my mind every day. Let's say I meet Mr. Right at 30. That means if we assume I started the serious boyfriend hunt around say 18, I spent 8,760 hours thinking about finding/keeping a man. That's a year! A full year of my life wasted.

If somehow I could have known that I'd eventually find HIM, just think what I could have done during those 8,760 hours! Finally take those tennis/photography/pottery/salsa/Spanish classes I've been meaning to take! Finally read the classics or at least put a dent in my zillion book wish list on Amazon! Exercise enough to bounce a quarter off my flat, flat stomach! Get 9 hours of sleep a night!

But alas, it's only in hindsight that I'll know that all of those hours spent agonizing over my love life were a waste. Until then, those are valuable hours spent plotting and venting, and I simply can't resist the urge to discuss my angst with my friends. But perhaps it's time to at least cut that 2 hour daily angst dose down to say an hour? That way I could at least squeeze in a salsa class or two...

Love,

Biatch

2 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

You forgot to add in the time that you also spent thinking about sex: a) in general and b)with the love of your life, which of course be so much better, this takes you back, of course to thinking about c)why haven't I got a man in my life.

Did someone say vicious circle?

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some hardships that go with finding the right person. You can't find him overnight. You have to undergo processes that are just basically normal. Despite all of that, you can always look at the brightest side which is finding a true romance.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home